A downloadable game
Ambidangerous is a top-down shooter that puts your ambidexterity to the test. Simultaneously control two elite soldiers as you fight your way through four randomized areas, five unique bosses, and a dozen enemy types. Take the challenge alone or share the controller with a friend for co-op play.
You play as Amy and Dexter, two elite soldiers on a mission to rescue the rest of their unit after crash landing on a remote island research facility. A strange aura emanating from the island has turned the its residents into violent monsters, both organic and mechanical.
- Control two soldiers simultaneously--one with each hand
- Want to play with a friend? No problem. Couch co-op is supported with one or two controllers.
- 7 different weapons
- 4 randomized levels, completed in any order you wish
- 5 unique bosses, each challenges your ambidexterity in a different way
- 4 unlockable perks
- Original soundtrack by Reed Russel full of absolute bangers
- 100% original pixel art
- Feeling hardcore? Put your ambidextrous skills to the test in the perma-death Speedrun Mode
- Inspired by games like The Binding of Isaac, Hotline Miami, and the original Legend of Zelda
Ambidangerous is a game about ambidexterity (using both left and right hands), so enemies and weapons are designed with two-handed play in mind. However, you can opt to play in Amputee Mode, which lets you progress through the game with just one hand. Perfect if you're missing a hand, sipping a beer, or holding a baby.
IMPORTANT: This game uses a special control scheme that requires an Xbox-style (X-input) gamepad with two joysticks. It cannot be played with a keyboard and mouse.
|Release date||45 days ago|
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio|
|Tags||ambidextrous, Colorful, Controller, Co-op, gamepad, Pixel Art, Top-Down, Top down shooter, Twin Stick Shooter, weird|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Xbox controller, Gamepad (any)|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1.79 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.